According to dance therapy, mind, body and soul form a psychophysical unit and constantly interact with each other. Movement and posture influence thinking and feelings. The essential goal of dance therapy is to allow the union between mind, body and soul.
Dance therapy is therefore a form of psychotherapy in which the therapist uses movement and its interactions as a primary element and thus achieve therapeutic effects.
According to the interventions given by a therapist, dance therapy increases the level of personal and body perception, allows ample movements and encourages the individual to express themselves authentically through the integration of the unconscious.
Dance Therapy Workshop Development
1. Presentation of the instructors and each participant
2. Warm-up exercises, stretching to start the workshop
3. Couples are formed they have to show up with a small talk of 15 minutes after that they both sell their eyes and perform basic dance movements listening to the music
4. The couple make creative movements performed by themselves listening to 4 different rhythms of music from slow and soft (sad, melancholic, reflexive) to accelerated and moved (happy and holidays)
5. Questions and answers and an overview of the workshop realities in a circle of the participants to the instructor and the therapist
6. PLEASE BRING OUR OWN DRINKS
Consumption of soft drinks, soda, water, juices & small snacks
Where : Dance School Academia Jangada
Schönhauser Allee 36, 10435 , Berlin
When : Sunday 09th March 15:30 - 18:30 Hrs